Ordered a TA-30 2x12...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesadude

Reaction score
Should be here a week from Monday. I live about 10 miles from Mesa Engineering, and have friends working there. There is no dealer in the area anymore, however, so I ordered from Humbucker Music back in GA. Have bought amps from them before. Nice folks.

Anyway, was gigging with one of Mesa's former amp testers not too long ago. He mentioned that the TA-30 2x12 is his favorite amp being produced by Mesa today, so I thought I'd try one out.
These days, I'm typically using a MKV combo, or a Dr. Z Z-Wreck. I thought a TA-30 2x12 might be a nice amp for spanning the differences between the MKV & the Wreck. Looking forward to using a new TA.

MeZadude 8)

Received the TA-30 yesterday. Very nice amp. Quite a bit more configurable than I was expecting. So far, I like it.

MeZa 8)

Tell us more about the amp. I considered a head with my 2x12 rect cab. I already have the cab and I`m waiting for the RA. But I don`t know. I`m tired of waiting week after week and I`ve really heard good things about the TA-30 soundwise.... reverb problems? I sold my 5:50 because I didn`t like the modern gain.I`m an old rock n roller and it didn`t fit classic rock sound to me.Thanks,jeffp

Used the TA-30 at an outdoor gig Saturday. Sounded a little thin at times. Plus, I had the amp's volume maxed-out (ch1) w/top-boost, and it just kept up with the band. Definitely not an amp to use outdoors when you might need to crank things up. The tone was pretty nice though. Most likely it's suited for gigs in smaller venues. Will keep trying it at my upcoming smaller-room gigs, and rehearsals and let you know how it goes.
I'm just not used to having NO headroom available.
Oh, I did use it with my standard boost, the TC Elex Nova Drive. This did give me the extra boost I needed for leads with the amp's volume maxed. Also, with the volume maxed out, the amp sounded just fine. The tone delivered didn't betray the fact that the amp was working on full.
MeZadude

mesadude said:
Used the TA-30 at an outdoor gig Saturday. Sounded a little thin at times. Plus, I had the amp's volume maxed-out (ch1) w/top-boost, and it just kept up with the band. Definitely not an amp to use outdoors when you might need to crank things up. The tone was pretty nice though. Most likely it's suited for gigs in smaller venues. Will keep trying it at my upcoming smaller-room gigs, and rehearsals and let you know how it goes.
I'm just not used to having NO headroom available.
Oh, I did use it with my standard boost, the TC Elex Nova Drive. This did give me the extra boost I needed for leads with the amp's volume maxed. Also, with the volume maxed out, the amp sounded just fine. The tone delivered didn't betray the fact that the amp was working on full.
MeZadude
Have you used the amp anymore? What does the 2/12 weigh?
Being 30 watts, I can see where it may not "cut it" out doors but is surely has enough oopmh to make it in most indoor gigs.
I am interested in your latest experiences with this amp.

Latest posts

Back