TA live?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

threemounts_1

Reaction score
Anybody using the TA's live? I've played them in my bedroom. Anyone had success with this or any other suggestions?

Yep, since I got my TA-15 it's been my main live amp: I got bored of lugging heavy 2x12 combos around. The TA-15 is one of the best sounding amps I've played, absolutely love it, and the size and portability (I run it through two 1x12 black Lonestar cabs) can't be beat!

I'm sure you get some funny looks once you bring that thing to a gig haha. Then everyone gets blown away..

threemounts_1 said:
Anybody using the TA's live? I've played them in my bedroom. Anyone had success with this or any other suggestions?

Brought my TA-30 1-12" combo to a large ballroom gig: I was miked into a fairly large PA, but I had many compliments from the band. It covered softer jazzier to when I had to get some rockier tones.
The sound guys came up afterwards and couldn't believe it came from such a compact amp. :^)
Used a Visual Sound H20 for a touch of chorus/delay in the loop: thumbs up.

Yep, I used my TA15 miked for an open air gig. Love that amp!
I'm just looking for a good cab (which is hard here in Ecuador as the shops won't sell you a cab without the amp head!!)

Got mine back in December as a "backup" amp to my AC30 clone..... I end up using the TA about 50% of the time. I've used many 15-30wt amps in the past, so this is just the norm for me.

hbach said:
Yep, I used my TA15 miked for an open air gig. Love that amp!
I'm just looking for a good cab (which is hard here in Ecuador as the shops won't sell you a cab without the amp head!!)

Google Avatar speakers and check the site out: Dave (the owner) may have an alternative for you & could ship one down. Go to Harmony Central and see how his stuff rates as well.

I play my TA15 thru a 4x12 Marshall cab with no problems at all. I mic it with a audix i5 and it sounds great! I use a modded Tubescreamer on the AC15 side and a BB Plus on the Marshall side and boost both channels with the BB Plus. Tone is incredible.

I do classic rock bar gigs with my TA-15 into either one or two un-mic'd Boogie 1-12 cabs. It has more than enough power and all the tone I need for indoor venues at any kind of sane volumes. I do use a pedalboard with it, for reverb, delay, wah, chorus, and an additional crunch/lead tone - both the pedalboard and the TA-15 fit into shoulder bags, and you can't get much more convenient than that for load-in and load-out.

not really a fan of his music, but heres drakes guitarist rockin one live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kRtIThX_0Y&feature=related

guitardr said:
Google Avatar speakers and check the site out: Dave (the owner) may have an alternative for you & could ship one down. Go to Harmony Central and see how his stuff rates as well.

Thanks, I might go that way they look great though shipping is gonna cost an arm and a leg. Still might be cheaper than whats on the market here and I'm thinking 2x12 with a Gold and a G12-65. Or maybe 2 1x12s with those speakers and have a mini stack for live and just a 1x12 for jams and practice...

So how do you use your TA live. Set to two modes and just footswitch? That's what I have done Top-Boost and Hi-1. Or do you switch between modes, say Tweed for one song and Hi2 for another one? Or maybe just even one channel one mode.

jsabo said:
not really a fan of his music, but heres drakes guitarist rockin one live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kRtIThX_0Y&feature=related[/quo

Well what do you know: Drake's guy with the V is using a TA & a Boogie cab. Great taste in gear! LOL

hbach said:
guitardr said:

Thanks, I might go that way they look great though shipping is gonna cost an arm and a leg. Still might be cheaper than whats on the market here and I'm thinking 2x12 with a Gold and a G12-65. Or maybe 2 1x12s with those speakers and have a mini stack for live and just a 1x12 for jams and practice...

So how do you use your TA live. Set to two modes and just footswitch? That's what I have done Top-Boost and Hi-1. Or do you switch between modes, say Tweed for one song and Hi2 for another one? Or maybe just even one channel one mode.

On channel 1: flick on Top Boost when in need of jangle/cut/presence - otherwise 'Normal'.
" " 2: finding that Hi-1 does it most of the time (live), but using all modes in that channel when recording. F/S is being used live. :^)

Yep I gig with the TA all the time now. Like others I got thiis amp as a portable back up to my main amp (LSC 212) now it is the main amp and it works great. Stage volume is just right and I mic up to feed FOH.

Latest posts

Back