TA-30 Combo Speaker

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesMesa

Reaction score
From other posts it sounds like a few people have been getting the first shipments of TA-30 combos. Does anyone know what speaker Mesa is using? They usually put either a MC-90 or a V30. I wondered if they had tried something different with the TA-30.

I ask as I currently have an Express 5:25 with a V30 and am gassing after a TA-30. Have gone through a love hate think with the V30 in the Express so wanted to know if Mesa took a different speaker path with the TA-30. The website doesn't say. Thanks.

Thanks - I like that speaker. It's a little on the dark side but a good all rounder for different tones.

LesMesa said:
Thanks - I like that speaker. It's a little on the dark side but a good all rounder for different tones.

After a day of working with the amp I'm finding...
1. Bright, responsive Class A tones. Most EL-84 circuits tend to be that way (not that that's a bad thing).
2. Rolling off the bass on both channels to stay away from "flub".
3. A great loop that does not need a send control.
4. It weighs less than most heads do.
5. Not a shredder, but that's not what I wanted. I can always "slam the front end" with a pedal to get it over the edge.
6. The speaker will change a bit after some hours of break-in anyway.
More to come I'm sure after I shed with it...

guitardr said:
LesMesa said:

After a day of working with the amp I'm finding...
1. Bright, responsive Class A tones. Most EL-84 circuits tend to be that way (not that that's a bad thing).
2. Rolling off the bass on both channels to stay away from "flub".
3. A great loop that does not need a send control.
4. It weighs less than most heads do.
5. Not a shredder, but that's not what I wanted. I can always "slam the front end" with a pedal to get it over the edge.
6. The speaker will change a bit after some hours of break-in anyway.
More to come I'm sure after I shed with it...

Thanks for the summary. I can't wait to try one out.

Back