TRANSATLANTIC TA-30 IN DEPTH VIDEO DEMONSTRATION

Discussion area for Transatlantic and Royal Atlantic.

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

guitardr
Mark II

Re: TRANSATLANTIC TA-30 IN DEPTH VIDEO DEMONSTRATION

Post by guitardr » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:26 pm

GuyB wrote:Thanks for this info, I appreciate.
Same here...
A small price to pay compared to a mid-60's JMI AC30 I had for a while: great sound but heavy & nowhere near the features of the TA-30...

The amount of noise is small for live gigging even while miked; but it was "there" when being miked in the studio yesterday. Customer Service at Petaluma must be busy: I left a message w/ my phone & e-mail & have not heard a thing yet. Let's all stay on the forum and compare notes as we find our way with this amp.
Mark V (head) - Stiletto Ace 212 - TA-30 112 - Mesa Thiele EVM Cab
Bogner Shiva EL-34 212 - Bob Burt 212 V-Cab - Bogner Cube
Quilter MicroPro - Yamaha DG-80 210
Zion Fifty - PRS C24 - Koll Spectraglide - Mando-12
Collings CJM

GuyB
Mark II

Re: TRANSATLANTIC TA-30 IN DEPTH VIDEO DEMONSTRATION

Post by GuyB » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:06 am

guitardr wrote:
GuyB wrote:Thanks for this info, I appreciate.
Same here...
A small price to pay compared to a mid-60's JMI AC30 I had for a while: great sound but heavy & nowhere near the features of the TA-30...

The amount of noise is small for live gigging even while miked; but it was "there" when being miked in the studio yesterday. Customer Service at Petaluma must be busy: I left a message w/ my phone & e-mail & have not heard a thing yet. Let's all stay on the forum and compare notes as we find our way with this amp.
Good idea. For me, I sent Mesa's message to the "authorized tech" at the store where I bought the TA30. I'll report on what he will say.

Maybe we should start a new thread on the TA30 reverb problem because we are hyjacking HaggertysMusic's thread here.