Cabs for a TA-15 - impedance question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob_too

Reaction score
I've been using a TA-15 for a little while now with a Marshall 1922 2x12 cab and I'm loving the tones. However, I'd like to make the most of the portability of the Mesa and use it with a 1x12 for rehearsing and add a 2nd 1x12 as and when I need to. I have two Kustom 1x12 cabs which I think look pretty cool (especially stacked up with the little Mesa on top) and so I'm looking to put some decent speakers in them (V30s, Jensens...the jury's still out).

So, to the big question - given that the TA-15 has a 4ohm and an 8 ohm output, do I put a 4 ohm speaker in one cab and an 8 ohm in the other and hook them up accordingly, or do I go for 2 x 8ohm? Obviously I want to keep the lovely tones, but I also want to keep as much clean headroom as possible on the green channel, so I don't want a mis-matched set-up that will sap power.

Please help! :?

to keep everything perfectly matched put an 8 Ohm speaker in each cab, wire one of the cabs with 2 parallel jack sockets and 'daisy-chain' both cabs into the 4 Ohm output on the TA.

BoogieJem said:
to keep everything perfectly matched put an 8 Ohm speaker in each cab, wire one of the cabs with 2 parallel jack sockets and 'daisy-chain' both cabs into the 4 Ohm output on the TA.

MesaCross.jpg

I bought my cab as a floor model, so it did not come with a manual. I wrote to
MB 9 days ago and have not gotten an answer back yet.

I have the ability from the TA15 to jack out 4 or 8 ohms, same with the speaker cab

I just dont know how my speakers are wired from the factory and what does it do
if I mess around with the settings......without a manual to tell me "Never do this"
I have been afraid to try different things. I would appreciate your input on
difference in sounds I would get and if its ok to do.......

No answer on what happens if I do a 8 out into a 4 in or a 4 out into a 4 in and info on never do a 4 out into a 8 in
and what will happen to sound on all of these things that can be done....I dont know if the manual would have explained any
of this stuff to me, and I wish it did.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

Latest posts

Back