Where is the sweet spot on the Electra Dyne?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewis.byng

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1x12 Electra Dyne combo and have tested it with multiple guitars but cannot find a good sound. I haven't been able to turn it up past about 7:30, clean sounds fine but the blue channel is dull. Does anyone know where the sweet spot is specifically for the blue channel? I've been using pedals but it's not the same.

Hello.

I’m on my 2nd ED :mrgreen:

The sweeter range starts from 8:30 and beyond. The amp has been useable after acquiring a Two Notes captor which attenuates -20dB. Yet I still cannot open up the master above 8:00 :lol:

Eevil said:
Hello.

I’m on my 2nd ED :mrgreen:

The sweeter range starts from 8:30 and beyond. The amp has been useable after acquiring a Two Notes captor which attenuates -20dB. Yet I still cannot open up the master above 8:00 :lol:

Will that be too loud for small gigs or band practice?

Depends on the band volume.. :p

I’ve used the ED in different bands (rock, praise, big band, cover..) and it’s been fantastic. :mrgreen: With some pedals it can cover huge tonal palette and without pedals it’ll still provide multiple tones with ease…

In home it’s too much an amp without attenuation.

Eevil said:
Depends on the band volume.. :p

I’ve used the ED in different bands (rock, praise, big band, cover..) and it’s been fantastic. :mrgreen: With some pedals it can cover huge tonal palette and without pedals it’ll still provide multiple tones with ease…

In home it’s too much an amp without attenuation.
45w or 90w? Which is better when playing live? Trying to get a good classic rock tone.

Usually I start with 45W and just for kicks may turn it to 90W if it feels necessary :shock:

The amp starts to open up above 8:30. Gig volume for me was between 9:30 and 10:30, depending on the venue. I generally used mine in 45w mode because I like the way it popped the mids more. The amp already has so much low end that 100w isn’t really needed to fill things out.

The amp works best loud and in a mix. It’s not the best home practice amp unless you have no neighbours.

I generally cut the bass to around 8:30 to 9:00. It might sound a bit thin if you A/B it against mids around noon, but in a mix with a bass player it works way better.

I run a Jazzmaster 60 Original which is quite bright and use these settings:
ED into a 2x12 Recto
Winged C 6L6 and Sovtek 12AX7LPS

Sounds great to me 8)

KCGWmqO.jpg

Latest posts

Back