Electra Dyne Volume Taper

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnoel64

Reaction score
I read a little bit about the DC series having the same issue as the Electra Dyne: master volume goes from too quiet to too loud way too quickly. I read there is a resistor attached to the master output in that series that can be clipped and it supposedly smooths out the taper. I can't find a schematic for the Dyne (and probably couldn't understand it if I did), but I am curious if the Dyne also has that same setup. Anyone ever take a look?

Hi.

I solved the volume taper issue with extra volume pot in fx loop (simple volume pedal works also.. but I diy’d from parts found at home). No mods needed in amp itself which is nice.

Other mod would be to mod the reverb circuit to return the wet signal before fx-loop so that it would not be parallel to fx loop.. but no idea what would be the total effect to sound/feel... currently the reverb doesn’t work if the volume is under 8 o’clock

I've used one of those volume boxes in the loop of another amp and it seemed to work ok. That was before I actually used the effects loop, lol! I suppose I could put one of those at the end of my effects chain right before the return. I'll have to try that.

Latest posts

Back