NAD Electra Dyne 1x12 widebody

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphasports

Reaction score
Picked up a virtually brand new ED 27" last week, paid the Canadian equivalent of about 700 USD. What a steal for this beast! It replaces a recently-dumped Express 525 1x10 that gave me fits over the last couple of years as I tried in vain to increase its bass and cut its hiss (failed in both depts).

Anyway, this thing is 10x too much power for my basement but I don't care, sounds awesome.

Cheers

HNAD!!! As I'm considering getting one myself, i was wondering if I could ask you some questions. Can you get good tones at practice volumes, without an attenuator? Also, do you like the Mesa C90 speaker in it?

Thanks,
Zest

Zest said:
HNAD!!! As I'm considering getting one myself, i was wondering if I could ask you some questions. Can you get good tones at practice volumes, without an attenuator? Also, do you like the Mesa C90 speaker in it?

Thanks,
Zest

It's a beast of an amp, but I just grabbed an Ernie Ball MVP pedal to work as a "sort of" attenuator, will see how that goes. It does sound great at low volumes (clean) but you really do need to push it to get the tones it's known for. I like the speaker. The amp is VERY bassy and a bit dark depending on the EQ settings, though FAR better than the Express 525 1x10 I dumped to get this. I have bass at 8:00 and mids at 1:00 and it's "neutral".

I got a torpedo live awhile back and it has proven to be an indespensible volume solution both live and for quiet playing and silent recording. One of the coolest modern gear innovation.

Back