Made a new Electra-Dyne video...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtThump

Reaction score
Long time fan of this amp! I have a few videos of me with my former ED combo, but recently replaced that with a head and cab.

Sounds great to me!

https://youtu.be/5zZsHhGV6YI

jnoel64 said:
Sounds beautiful! That's why the Dyne is still my favorite amp ever. What tubes do you have in that head?

Thanks! I owned the widebody 1x12 combo for around 6 years and loved it. Just moved to a head and cab recently and love it too.

I've experimented with tubes a bit, but honestly prefer the stock pre and power tubes. Just put in a fresh set of the stock Mesa 6L6s and that's what you hear in this video.

I prefer EL34s in mine. Currently run Tung-Sols in the power section. The pre section is a mixed bag, but that was how I was able to totally balance out the volumes between the clean and dirty modes. Regardless of tubes, the Dyne is the best sounding and feeling amp I have ever owned or played. As versatile as my RK1 is, I still prefer the Dyne!

jnoel64 said:
I prefer EL34s in mine. Currently run Tung-Sols in the power section. The pre section is a mixed bag, but that was how I was able to totally balance out the volumes between the clean and dirty modes. Regardless of tubes, the Dyne is the best sounding and feeling amp I have ever owned or played. As versatile as my RK1 is, I still prefer the Dyne!

Ive tried different tubes over the years, but i think j like the stock setup the most. Today anyway!

Back