The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:57 pm 
Dual Recto

The only reason I mentioned the 16ohm was in reference to my RA100 Combo as it is a 2x12, amp only supports 8 or 4 ohms. I do have a 16 ohm 412 cab and needless to say I am not impressed with it using the 8 ohm output. (Roadster does have a 16 ohm tap on its OT). I should not have included this in the discussion and am sorry for the confusion. However, there are some similarities of the Dyne and RA since they are basically from the same mold (sort of) which gave birth to the LoneStar amp in some ways or another. Perhaps I am wrong about that, say the Dyne was the beginning of the Lonestar and the Stiletto gave rise to the RA. What ever the case, if you are building a 1x12 or 4x12 stick with 8 ohm speakers if you desire to have a total load of 8 ohms. For a 2x12 you need to use 16ohm speakers wired in parallel for a total load of 8 ohms.

Running two speaker loads on your dyne, use the 4 ohm setting and two 8 ohm cabinets (1 external and combo or 2 external with combo speaker unused).

Mk III (blue stripe), Mark IVb-WB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:47 am 
Bottle Rocket

Yes that is right. And as i have already one 8ohm speaker and not planing on building 4x12 soon i think i will go for the 8ohm. However, as a future investmen looking at a 4x12 cab a 16ohm version is the safer investment. But considering the P=IxU and I=U/R a single 16ohm speaker will reduce the output power.