NAD: Electra-Dyne Medium Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eevil

Reaction score
Hello.

Spotted this gem from guitarguitar's end-of-line sale. Placed an order in end of december and the amp was delivered in last friday.. The amp is made in may 2013 (if I read the US formatted date correctly ;)) and serial is somwhere #1600 -region.

I haven't got time to really dig into the amp but the short moments with home-compliant (well.. too loud for home) volumes have been promising. The tones are clear and the harmonics are more present in tone than in Roadster. Of course my Roadster has EL34s in that are already on the end of their lifespan so it is not yet fair comparison. The Roadster head has left me a bit cold in the brit crunch region. The ch2 doesn't have enough gain to really make the sound happen as I wanted to. Boosting with RAT (the vintage reissue - great pedal btw. better than the RAT II) has driven the ch2 to region where the tone can be found. At least in gig context. My cab is the traditional/stiletto 4x12 recto cab and it really Boogies...

But so far so good... ;)

I just say this: the ED is loud. Really loud :D Almost had to change my pants when I tried in home for the first time with suggested settings and MV in 9:00 :D

The pic:
OPUWUl2V

Congrats! I had a medium head shell made for my long head Dyne. They are great amps! I use a Rock Crusher to make the volume more compatible with home use. But nothing beats a Dyne opened up at an outdoor gig!

Very nice! My medium head arrived this week and I'm soooooooper happy with it. I can't wait to get it to rehearsal. Amazing amp.

Latest posts

Back