Electra Dyne parts

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daxman73

Reaction score
Just picked up a 1x12 Electra Dyne and can't praise it enough. Amazing amp. I have a question about parts though. The metal tube protecting cage is loose and one of the connecting pieces on the corner seems to be broken off or missing. Is this cage suppose to be loose and "float" or is it that way because it's messed up? Has anybody here had to replace or fix theirs? Any suggestions? It has no bearing on the functionality of the amp, but I'd like to repair it or get it repaired if I could. Thanks in advance for the help.

The cage does kinda float. It's held by two little plastic clips on each side. It "wiggles" quite easily, it's not held down rigidly. There may be nothing wrong with yours, however, I always thought it would be easy to break one of the plastic clips. Look up in there with a flashlight and see if anything looks broken.
Amazing amp, huh?

Thanks for the info. I'm in the process of going over the amp with a fine tuned comb. I'm looking to re-tube it as well, just to freshen it up. Yeah, it's truly a work of tonal art. I'm experiencing what a lot of guitarists go through with amps: as I get older (and I don't mean old, lol) I use less and less gain. Don't get me wrong, I love gain, but usable gain. Youth tends to need more gain, lol. I've owned MANY Boogies and have loved them all, but I've noticed I've been lowering my gain settings. Now, of course it depends on the style I'm playing at the time, but it still tends to be lower than I remember. The thing with this amp that is SO different than the other Boogies I've owned is that it has that "gut" punch tone. I've never felt that in other Mesas, which is good I guess since they/we don't want 14 versions of the same amp tonally. A little funny story: I was doing a short tour with my band opening for the band Naked Beggars which had Jeff Lebar and Eric Brittingham from Cinderella in it. At one of our gigs, he was talking to me during set up and checking out my rig. At the time I had a Roadking 1 half stack. He said "that's nice, but I like my amp to move air. I want to bend over and stick my head beside the cab and have it physically move my hair". I got a kick out of it, but didn't realize the significance of what he said until later. This amp does that. I have three OD pedals I'm messing with it right now, an EH Soul Food, a Keeley Modded TS-9, and an OCD. I put any one of thoses in front of the amp just as a clean boost and the thing sings for days and gives me any tonal variation I need. It's a sweet machine for sure. I'm still learning it and how to use the EQ section (I've played a Mark V for the past five years or so), but I'm loving more and more.

Hmm. The shared EQ is the one huge nuisance about this amp. I ended up tweaking my pickups in all three guitars so that I could optimize my rig. Instead of a balanced output from neck to bridge, I now have a more powerful bridge pickup which affords me a more dynamic lead tone from the neck and a more saturated and aggressive tone from the bridge. Furthermore, the neck to bridge pickup balance is tuned to keep the low end from becoming too boomy on the neck pickup and too thin on the bridge one.

Latest posts

Back