Electra Dyne - Intermittent Volume Issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeller

Reaction score
A few weeks ago my Dyne head started doing something very odd at a gig. It is most obvious when playing a chord, as the volume starts to die down the amp (for lack of better description) almost sounds like it has a tremolo on it, the volume sputters about.

At first I thought I was a perhaps an issue with the voltage in the venue because it didn't do it when I was at home. But last night, different venue, same thing. Our sound tech plugged the amp into a filtered power supply and that did not help.

It does not do it everytime, but will say of a 3 set show, it was prevalent in the first and second sets, but not at all noticable in the 3rd set.

I am guessing a tube problem - just curious if all think I should look to power tubes or pre-amp first?

Thanks very much

Probably your power tubes. I bet there's one that's shorting. Run the amp in 45 watt mode. Does it do it? If it does, swap the inner 2 power tubes with the outer 2 power tubes. Did that fix it? If so, buy new tubes. If not, take it to a good amp tech.

Thanks for the suggestions !!

Elvis: which one is the Phase Inverter? I can't tell by looking at tube layout chart in the manual?

Back