Need Help - Reverb Question on an ED Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmango

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have three electra dynes (I love this amp!). I am having an issue with one of the dynes' reverb that I am hoping the wisdom of this board can help out with.

On the Dyne in question, the reverb is basically flat and short sounding. What I mean is where as the other two have a deep and lush reverb, the one in question doesn't. Specifically, the reverb is barely audible. You can hear it engaged, but it is short and sounds very faint. Also, turning it up or down has little to no impact on the amount of reverb - even dimed, it sounds short, faint and lifeless and has almost no perceptible difference from if you has it dialed in at say, one or two.

I know what an ED reverb sounds like as the other two I have sound almost identical and deep. Diming those takes me into surfer country!

Could it be a tube problem, tank problem or something internal? Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Sounds like a tube problem. Do you have an extra preamp tube you could try? There's a tube layout chart in the manual.

Hollis said:
Sounds like a tube problem. Do you have an extra preamp tube you could try? There's a tube layout chart in the manual.

That is exactly what everything I am reading is pointing towards... I am going to give v6 a rip with a good known working tube tomorrow...

I'll post back either way.

Thanks for the recommendation. Definitely letting me know I am on the right path.

Latest posts

Back