New to the Board/ Electradyne honeymoon

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarlou

Reaction score
Hi all... Im new to the board as well as new to the Electradyne model. So far its AWESOME!

I have a few questions maybe you can help me with.

First and foremost. Why has almost all of the writing on the face plate flaked off and what can I do about it?!!!

Next. The footswitch. Ill be honest I don't love it. You can't tell if you are on blue or red until you hit the clean / overdrive switch... not great.

Now I'm thinking of doing a more elaborate system as I have joined a cover band that has a wide variety of styles

Im looking at some floor controllers. Now some have amp channel changing ability but the ED uses one TRS 1/4" jack for three functions. Is there a way to select all three modes using a floor control??

Help!!

I agree with you about the foot switch. It should have a switch for each mode and even perhaps put a switch for Reverb as well:

CLEAN LO HI REVERB

I agree that the footswitch is poor. It would actually be a lot less bad if there were a red/blue LED that stayed on all the time so you know what you will get when you switch out of green.

It's really only 2 functions with a TRS:
Clean/Not Clean
Blue/Red

I control mine with a GCX/GCP and can set it up any way I like. Right now my main bank has preset 1=clean, preset 2=Blue, Preset 3=Red.

You could also use just about any programmable loop/switcher box to do the same thing as long as you can map 3 switches to two control functions.

It will look like this (I made up the polarities, so you'll have to see what actually works):
00=Green
01=Blue
11=Red

there was talk of an amp with the paint flaking off the front panel. I wonder if you ended up with that particular unit?

The footswitch is annoying, a 3 button one would have been way better.

I could have ended up with the same amp as I believe the other complaint was from a guy in my state. Anyway Im thinking of returning the Mesa before its too late.

I lOVE the tone but for the gig its not really working out. And the foot switch is dumb!!

:cry:

Yup, the footswitch is dumb and I would never accuse the amp of doing a 'variety of styles' tonewise. It's a one stop R&R machine with a great lead and clean. The amp is incredible, expressive, and can do many tones, but as far as nailing them in a cover band situation, the crowd doesn't want to watch you swap guitars and twist knobs all day. It's kind of sad the 'Dyne isn't working out but every player requires the correct tools for the job.

Maybe it's just me, but my Dyne is very flexible for a variety of styles. I use an Xotic BB with the gain set at 9:00 and all other knobs at noon. That gives me a great blues tone when in clean mode. When I switch to Vin Lo, I keep the gain at about 1:00. Step on the BB, and it's like Vin Hi only clearer. Switch to Vin Hi and step on the BB, and it's better than a JCM 800 at full gain. That's enough variety for what I do, but YMMV.

As for reverb, there is a port on the chassis where you can connect another single footswitch to turn it on and off. Personally, I use a better rackmount effect for reverb. Never much cared for tube/tank reverb in amps unless I am trying to pull off Dick Dale. Would it be nice for the factory footswitch to have a reverb button? Yes for some, but not for me. My footswitch has lights on it that let me know whether I am in Vin Lo or Hi. None for clean. Perhaps mine is newer? http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/fc-d9.html

Back