Footswitch issues again

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnoel64

Reaction score
A while back, I posted an issue I was having with my Dyne's footswitch. It was suggested that I may have oxidation on the ports, so try unplugging and re-plugging the cable in several times. That worked...temporarily. Now, when I try to use the footswitch, all I can do is switch between clean and vintage lo. It doesn't matter if I use the port on the front or back of the amp. Those are the only two modes I use, but the footswitch light always lights up the vintage hi light when in drive mode and nothing else. Does anyone have a similar issue? Or does anyone have a suggestion to correct this (aside from buying another $60 footswitch)?

Try contact cleaner first - if still no joy, try a different stereo cable before going down the FSW replacement route

I've had problems with the footswitch before. It always was the cable, not the footswitch.

Yeah its sure the cable. Thats the weakest part of the dyne. The cable quality is crap. Remember to bring backup cables for gig.

That's pretty crappy. Had to order the footswitch cable from Mesa just about a year ago because Guitar Center had no clue. They sent me a cheapo 10 foot mono cable. Idiots. No wonder GC isn't a Mesa distributor anymore.

It took way too long to post the resolution, but here it is. The factory footswitch is the issue. I bought a knock off on eBay and my mode switching is fully restored.

I just purchased a new Electra Dyne combo on clearance at the Brampton, Ontario Long and McQuade yesterday and am having the exact same problem. Also, the switch stops working altogether after a few clicks. This happens on either jack and with half a dozen different stereo cables. I also tried contact cleaner.

I made a video of what happens. https://vimeo.com/120003423

I emailed Mesa to see what's up.

Also, the volume and master pots were scratchy. I fixed those with some contact cleaner.

Last but not least, they forgot to include the casters.

Oh well, at least it sounds glorious. :lol:

Here is where I got my replacement switch:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KoolKats-2-Button-Footswitch-for-Mesa-Boogie-Electra-Dyne-/321291288824?hash=item4ace7400f8

It works perfectly now.

Back