5 Band EQ Pedal w/ Dyne??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mccart125

Reaction score
Has any tried this yet? If so please provide feedback with clips..

The ED loves single coils but sounds flubby with humbuckers. Wonder if this might tame it a bit..

Thanks!
M

Raise mids and lower the bass. As the volume (Gain) comes up, the low end will get phatter and thicker so lowering the bass will help compensate. The humbuckers are providing more output which is driving the preamp harder, which is probably somewhat responsible for the low end getting tubby. ALso, if the humbuckers naturally produce a lot of bass this will have to be accounted for.

The tone stack on this amp is a particularly powerful tone shaping tool. The fact that the mid knob also controls high mids / low treble means that it's possible to change the voicing on the amp in a fairly dramatic way. Lower mid settings create more of a recto - esque scooped tone, especially if you open up the presence which reduces negative feedback in the circuit. On the contrary, raising up the mids will create more of a marshall - esque crunch tone. The balance between Treble and Presence can then be adjusted to fine tune the sound. Even some more extreme settings can give some really pleasing results.

ryjan said:
It's just an EQ pedal. What's the mystery?

I was talking about the design of the tone stack on the Electra Dyne, which is brilliant. The EQ pedal isn't so interesting although it could be great in an FX loop to use as a solo boost with an amp like a Recto where more mids aren't ever a problem.

YellowJacket said:
ryjan said:
It's just an EQ pedal. What's the mystery?

I was talking about the design of the tone stack on the Electra Dyne, which is brilliant. The EQ pedal isn't so interesting although it could be great in an FX loop to use as a solo boost with an amp like a Recto where more mids aren't ever a problem.
Sorry man. I was addressing the OP.

We plugged the 5 band EQ into the ED we have in the shop and it was heaven. Makes a great amp greater!! Just my thoughts!

I've actually thought about running an EQ in the loop. At low volumes, Vintage Lo has a lot of low end. An EQ in the loop might help dial out some of the low end that comes out when the volume (gain) is turned up past 2:00.

Back