Newbie sort of and a Q

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought a new Electra Dyne 1x12 combo, and absolutely floored by the sound. I had a TA 30 head a few years back but this brought me back to Mesa. I tried finding an answer to the following question and gave up to post it. I popped the cage off and noticed that the two tubes on the left hang lower than the two on the right, facing the back of the amp. Popped them out and all are the same, the sockets look the same, is this a natural phenomenon on this amp? Made sure they were all seated firmly. Thanks for any info and looking forward to the forum,

Reilly88

Reilly88 said:
Just bought a new Electra Dyne 1x12 combo, and absolutely floored by the sound.

Yes, THIS!

I had a TA 30 head a few years back but this brought me back to Mesa. I tried finding an answer to the following question and gave up to post it. I popped the cage off and noticed that the two tubes on the left hang lower than the two on the right, facing the back of the amp. Popped them out and all are the same, the sockets look the same, is this a natural phenomenon on this amp? Made sure they were all seated firmly. Thanks for any info and looking forward to the forum,

Reilly88

I don't think this is the case. I thought at first you were talking about how all the preamp tube sockets are recessed in the metal chassis which makes changing tubes a huge pain but you're obviously talking about the power tubes.

I **THINK** mine are all the same height but FWIW, the mode of operation is different between the inside and outside tubes since the amp is running simulclass. Perhaps send Mesa an email about this? They're pretty good with their customer service!

Mystery solved with much ado about nada, tubes came from different batches where either the glass, on two , or the rims of the base were different enough that it caused the visual anomaly. Last quick one though, EL34's seem a lot nosier, matched sets of TADS so I know they're good, fresh from boxes. Either way a super amp. Thanks for the help

Reilly88

How are the EL-34s vs the 6L6s? I love the amp with 6L6s and I figure it ain't broke so don't fix it. Then again, I almost never play on the 'clean mode' so I may be better served with a crunchier tube.

Latest posts

Back