Dyne vs RK1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnoel64

Reaction score
I know this is apples to oranges. More like apples to steak, really. But I recently inherited a Road King series 1. As grateful as I am, I still have to say that I prefer my Dyne over the RK. I have spent hours trying to decide where I want to dial in my tone on the RK, and (thanks to the simplicity of the Dyne), it's just THERE with my Dyne. Understandably, that's what first attracted me to the Dyne: its simplicity. There are so many options for the RK that sometimes I get lost in what I am trying to accomplish. I'm sure there are others out there who will completely disagree with me, but, hands down, the Dyne is the best amp I have ever played. I have bonded with that amp more than any other amp I have ever owned or played. There are certainly a whole plethora of tones I can get with the RK, but...honestly, I get exactly what I want and need from my Dyne. Oh, yeah, it's lighter, too...

I don't have a Road King but I do have a 2 Channel Dual Rectifier. I've also tried a Roadster and they're just not the same tool as an Electra Dyne. They do what they do really well but when you're looking for a certain soul / responsiveness for styles other than hard rock and metal, the Electra Dyne just shines for this.

I had my Electra Dyne out last night for a rehearsal after ignoring it for a bit due to Studio work for Cello. Geez, the amp is just gorgeous and responsive, it has this feel about it. Definitely glad I got one before they discontinued it!

The Dyne is a really cool amp. It really reminded me a lot of my old Splawn Nitro but tamer and smoother. Ironically I traded the Splawn for my current and most favorite amp, a Roadster. :D It just fit my style better.

I've had mine for a about a month now and just love the amp. I never cared for the mesas but man I've turned into a real advocate. Killer cleans, rhythms and leads. Love it, and I've had a lot of amps.

Back