New to board..best cab for my new ED head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prodoozer

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Robbie & I own a LSS combo & a Mark V head w/ a 4x12 cab & a 2x12 cab. I just purchased a ED head from Martin Music.
I can't find a matching cab for the ED. My question is..what is a suitable alternative?

Thanks, looking forward to this board.
Robbie

The Electra Dyne and Royal Atlantic cabs were identical, so if you want the matching cab then grab a RA series cab.

My favourite cabs for the ED are the Recto series cabs. A very close second is the matching RA 1x12 rear ported cab. Sounds massive for such a little *******.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of conflicting opinions. I think that amp sounds good through any cab, but I prefer a 2x12 recto and have had good results with a 4x10.

There have been a lot of good reviews for the RA/Dyne 1x12 cab.

Thanks for the input, I'll just wait & play it through what I have first & see how I like it.

You have a Recto 2 x 12 and 4 x 12, you should be golden =-)

Apart from this, a 27" Royal Atlantic 1 x 12 is a great cab to use. It's portable, sounds good at low volumes, and really enhances the cleans and lead tones!

I'm in Oklahoma...I saw it on ebay & the auction ended w/ no bids. They didn't realist it so I called & got it. I just checked it out today & it has two problems. The second problem is the reverb comes & goes... The first problem was Martian Music didn't pack the foot switch.

I called them about the foot switch, they are going to get back w/ me tomorrow. Now I'll have to tell them about the reverb problem. There is an authorized repair center 91 miles from me.

I'm not going to blast anybody as I know *hit happens, but Martin Music dropped the ball by not doing a proper quality check on the amp & not sending the foot switch.

This is not the NAD I was looking forward to.

Sorry to hear that man. Since I live close, I've done a lot of business with them. I've bought 2 strats and a Fender Deluxe Reverb from them. They've always been nothing short of stellar. I'm sure they'll get you fixed up.

Eric is sending me the foot switch, so they are taking care of me on that part. I played thru the amp again after after checking everything out & was not able to recreate the reverb issue I had on the first day. Only time will tell.

I do know that if I had bought the ED first...I wouldn't have a Mark V I do like my collection.. updated pic..

DSC_1504 by prodoozer, on Flickr

I ran my ED had through my Rec 4x12 and i own a traditional 4x12 and ran through it as well. The rec cab sounded bigger the traditional sounded tighter. But if your not a tone geek it would be really hard to tell a difference.

Back when I had a RA-100, the reverb was not working properly. I opened it up and it ended up being a loose wire which I was able to fix myself. Might be worth a try.

Note that the amp has to be loud for reverb to work right... I dont know why. For what it's worth, i've ran the ED through all my cabs and for some reason settled on a widebody 3/4 loaded with a Celestion Sidewinder. The amp sounds good loud.

Analog Kid said:
Note that the amp has to be loud for reverb to work right... I dont know why. For what it's worth, i've ran the ED through all my cabs and for some reason settled on a widebody 3/4 loaded with a Celestion Sidewinder. The amp sounds good loud.

This is true. Also, I have owned a few Mesas- and I would argue that the Dyne is the loudest amp I have ever heard. I have literally "moved stuff" on shelves with my old ED...it will boar holes in concrete if you open it up a bit.

I love my Genz Benz Black Pearl 2x12 with red fang speakers. Of course it depends on what type of music you play.

Back