NAD - Electra Dyne Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlpasco

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
electradyne.jpg

ed%20label.jpg

I was able to get spousal approval because it went with the look of some of the other appointments in our living room :)

So far I've really only explored the clean mode. I'll start playing with Vintage Lo and Hi later this week. I'm using a Gibson SG with a Seymour Duncan jazz neck pickup and it sounds exquisite.

Initial impressions: I love this amp! I understand that the 27" combo is considered to have a better sound, but so far, this 23" model sounds big and full. It'd be interesting to hear the two models side by side. The 23" weighs 70 lbs, which is already plenty burly as far as I'm concerned!

-Daniel

Nice looking amp.

Considering you currently own a 23" model it might be best to not try the 27" model lest you get a new round of GAS... :eek:

screamingdaisy said:
Nice looking amp.

Considering you currently own a 23" model it might be best to not try the 27" model lest you get a new round of GAS... :eek:

*covers ears* "I can't hear you. La la la la la" :)

Actually, I worried about it for a bit and figured that, if I was really having issues recording or playing a gig, an external cabinet could probably resolve the issue effectively. For home practice it is lovely.

Nice amp you have there. I think the ED is Mesa best kept secret. I own a Stiletto Ace, Lonestar Classic, Budda Superdrive II 80 and an Electra Dyne and I alway come back to the ED. Its so easy to use live and it always sounds great. I recently purchased a Xotic RC booster that really completes this amp. Its like having a 4th mode. Enjoy yourself.

That amp is gorgeous! I've been gas-ing for an ED for a long time. Just haven't had the money. I think it's one of the best amps out there. Make some clips, I need some new ones to watch!

Latest posts

Back