ED with 3/4 back cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juhsun

Reaction score
I just got Mesa back 4x12 cab to go with ED and it's quite interesting.. It's loaded with C90. I also got Mesa 2x12 recto cab with V30 which I really like. The sound is very different with these two cabs. Allthough I like both cabs I like the intensity of recto cab. Have any of you got experience with open back cabs and ED? Any hints settingswise? And is there big difference if I substitute C90 with v30 in 3/4 cab?

V30s have a lot more punch than MC90s... probably the intensity thing you're talking about.

Myself, I prefer V30s but I left the MC90s in their cabs because it's nice to have a different flavour every once in awhile.

A 6L6-loaded 'Dyne head on a 1x12" 3/4-back cab was my rig for a while. I thought it sounded great, but it was definitely a bass-heavy tone. I play a Strat, so I liked the extra definition down low, but even with a bright guitar, I kept the bass really low.

FWIW, I let that amp go for volume, weight, and other practical reasons. The TONE was the best I've had yet. I think your 4x12" should only sound even better, since it will push more air than my one driver. :D

I have both and think its the best of both worlds.. 1x12 C90 and a 2x12 V30's..

I typically prefer the punch of the V30 but if I could only have one for my ED I would go open back C90..

Latest posts

Back