Footswitch port

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnoel64

Reaction score
I have had an unusual issue during my last 2 gigs. If I plug my footswitch into the port on the front of my Dyne head, all goes well. However, if I use the footswitch port on the back of the head, I can't switch between Vin Lo and Vin Hi. I don't use Vin Hi much, but there are a couple times I do. I prefer to have as many cables running into the back of my head versus the front, and I know this is just for cosmetic reasons, but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue.

Nope. Sounds like a bad jack or a bad solder connection to the jack.

I'd rule out oxidation first. Plug and unplug the cable in the rear footswitch jack 10-15 times, then see if it helps.

Also, try a different cable. Long shot, but leave no stone unturned.

If you're handy with a soldering iron, you should be able to fix a bad jack connection. If not, any tech should be able to do it in about 15 minutes start to finish.

Update
At a gig last night and now the front port had the same issues. I plugged and unplugged the front port about 10 times and the problem resolved itself. Haven't yet tried with the rear port, but that will be my next venture. I am surmising that oxidation may be the culprit. One of the disadvantages of living in a humid environment, I suppose. I do keep a dehumidifier running in my basement where the head is stored when not being used, but apparently, that's not enough.

Back