Overheated ED

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesboy335

Reaction score
After 3-hours playing my ED gets overheated; you cant touch 'm anymore, the thermometer I use reads:85C =(185F)!
In my opinion, it's hard too believe this is normal. Is there anyone who has te same problem and what can I do?
Is a coolig fan an option, if it is, wich one?
A while ago I had 'm checked in the store where I bought him; they couldn't find anything wrong(?). That's funny because after playing for 2-3 hours you can not hold your hand on the metal nor on the reverb- and the volumeknob on the backside; you'll get yourself burnt!

Yes the combos have this issue and yes it is cooking the guts of your amp. I used to hang a small fan blowing on the tubes but I opened up the guts and there is a terminal marked fan that I soldered a small 12 volt fan that is a permanent solution. When I first got this amp I blew through a lot of tubes and eventually burned up a transistor inside that was fixed unduer warranty. But since the added fan I have run this amp hard and no problems after two years on the same tubes.

85C is perfectly normal for electronics, and not surprising in a Dyne. If I recall correctly, someone posted about adding a fan to the Dyne a while back, with pics. Class AB amps are not very efficient, so the tubes are dissipating at least as much heat add they are delivering power to the speakers, probably more.

Solder melts at 217C. 85C is about the operating limit for many types of capacitors. Most components are rated to 125C.

Latest posts

Back