NAD Joined the 'Dyne Club

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamTXBK

Reaction score
Hey guys. I haven't posted much for a while, but I've been lurkin'! Got a score on an Electra Dyne setup today. Loving it!! Have a Triple Rec that I don't play much, besides the occasional gig. I originally was on the prowl for an open back cab to go with the Vox AC30 head I just got recently (been using it with my Recto 2x12) and came across this. Did some homework on here, and decided to go for it! I knew it was going to be loud, but HOLY! and I thought the AC30 was loud...

I was expecting the cab to have two V30s, but has one paired with an MC90. Was this a factory option? The guy I bought it from bought it new 4 months ago and barely played it. Sounds great though! It's my first open-back cab, and first experience with a Black Shadow.

It was MINT until I managed to bung up the grille on the drive home :cry:

Without further ado...

Heya....welcome to the club....sweet rig !
You bought this in west Van ?......I saw it on CL and was contemplating a couple weeks ago.
I had a 2x12 ED combo with 2 V30s and can imagine how good the pairing of the V30 and the MC90
sound. I have a '23 combo with an MC90.
Try that head thru a 4x12 cab with Greenbacks if you get the chance....amazing tones !
Congrats on the score.

Ya, I did. Good to see another Vancouverite! How do you like a straight V30 cab compared to a straight MC90? So far, they sound more similar to eachother than I thought they would. I haven't really cranked it yet, though. The V30 has a bit more bite, and the MC90 is it a bit more relaxed sounding; I guess because of the higher power handling.

I ran it through my 2x12 Recto cab and it sounds great through there. Really punchy and responsive, but with a bit of a mid scoop. There's a pretty huge difference in sound between a closed and open cab.

Man, that's really cute with the medium headshell. Looks a lot like my setup!

I have the 1 x 12 cab with the c90 and I find this allows me to use lower volumes with good results. That aside, this little bugger is LOUD even compared to most mesas. My theory is that a lot of mesa amps are incredibly mid scooped while this one has extra mids on tap.

That looks great! It really is stupid loud... and this is coming from someone who's played a Triple Rec for years. I'm more and more impressed by it. I can see why many people have dumped their Rectifiers for these things. They're so versatile and easy to play on. With hot pickups, there is plenty of gain on the HI channel. I haven't even tried it with a boost yet.

Mine is so new, I don't even think the speakers are broken in yet. I think eventually I may swap the speakers into my 2x12 Recto cab and put the already worn-in V30s from that into the Dyne cab. Just seems a little more fitting to me to have warmer speakers in that cab, as I'll be using it with my AC30 too.

Looks like mine!

AprilAmp_zps6b2ea9ab.jpg

Back