Electra Dyne GREATNESS!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el34sg

Reaction score
Honestly, with 30 plus years of recording, touring & just being a rock n roll dude.
The Electra Dyne is the best amp I've ever played though. I have owned everything.
It took me a while to get to this point. Once I put EL34's in it & 5751's in the clean channel preamp section.
It's pure tone heaven. Why this amp shipped with 6L6's is a mystery to me.
When I picked this amp up a few months ago I thought it was going to be the best sounding Mesa I've played thru.
I have no need for another amp. The clean channel is almost like a Blackface Showman. (with the 5751's)
The Low & Hi channels are Plexi/Orange rock tone. The Low channel is great live. One OD pedal for solo's & that's all I need.
You do need to crank it up a bit, but even at low volume it delivers great tone, just takes a little work to dial it in.
I never ever thought I'd be playing a Mesa again after playing Hiwatt's & Plexi's the past 10 years.
I guess I'm fine the fact the amp is no longer being produced. If you can get your hands on one, pull the trigger.
I have a 4x12 cab with Greenbacks & a 2x12 cab with a couple eminence legends. The 4x12 cab doesn't get used much
with the ED.
Only small issue I have is the Head cabinet is oversized & heavy.

Yes, this amp has the potential to sound so great that whenever I play it, I am inspired to become a better player so I can further exploit the incredible depth of its expressiveness. I bought it for Clean and Red, and I spend most of my time on blue these days. Man, Mesa has a sense of humour having vintage lo the 'blue' mode.

Funny, I bought it for clean and blue, and spend 90% of my time on blue. For the record:

Blue = Best Color
Blue = Best Channel

Simple, really. :lol:

Incidentally, if it did not have a red channel I'd be just as happy with it. But I do like the red channel, so I think of it like a free "extra" feature. Like "this amp goes to 11." Of course in Mesa-land, Dyne red is like 3.6 :twisted:

Back