Tube & Cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reynirs

Reaction score
Wanted to check out what tubes you ED lovers like to use? (EL34 or 6L6/what brand?) and also the cab you are using? Do you prefer 1x12, 2x12 or others?

Although I have commented on this in lots of other threads, I always like to go on about my favourite amp!

Tubes: All stock. The Mesa badged '6L6 GC' sound great. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Cabs:

I personally love

1) the 27" 1 x 12 extension cab. 1 c90 and it sounds fantastic! Good for everything but best for clean and leads.

2) The 27" 2 x 12 extension cab. Great if you want more crunch, a bigger sound, and less bass.

3) For heavy arsenal, the Mesa Traditional 4 x 12 Rectocab sounds great. A nice round and mid focused tone. Less gainy and chunky than the 1 x 12 but it sounds HUGE!

I have heard that a 2 x 12 Horizontal Rectocab and the Standard 4 x 12 rectocab both sound great with this amp as well!!

I'm an oddball.....
Tung-Sol EL34s in the power section.
I have a 2x12 cab I built with WGS British Lead speakers. I adore their sound! So smooth and creamy! Every chord and note is buttery. It just gets better and better every time I play through them. Only others I have used are V30s, and they are a bit harsh in the upper mids. At least to my damaged ears, they are.

Back