Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:23 pm 
Dual Recto

jnoel64 wrote:
YellowJacket wrote:
Assumer wrote:
Sad they discontinued the amp. After purchasing a second one recently I am asking myself why the hell did I sell it in the first place.

Yes, this. I obsessed over the amp for over a year and eventually just went and bought the damn thing. And my playing has improved the most it has in years since I got it!!!

+1

I, too obsessed for a year before I took the plunge. Best decision I ever made for an amp!

Agreed. After playing today, it's just such a joy to play. It makes practicing / improving on guitar an absolute priority. I seriously endeavor to improve each day just so that I can extract the maximum amount of musicality out of this thing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:40 pm 
Mark III

still waiting for the next version....!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:37 pm 
Mark III

jeffp wrote:
still waiting for the next version....!!!

I wish ... but will it ever happen?

Carol Ann OD 3R
Carol Ann Tucana 3R
Carol Ann 10th Anniversary
Redplate Aurora 34
Matchless Independence
Marshall Anniversary 4X12
Marshall 1936 2X12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:35 am 
Mark III

Sadly, I doubt there will ever be another Electra Dyne, everyone seems to like them, especially the people at Mesa, they just didn't sell enough to justify keeping the line going. Since they didn't make money on them the first go round, I doubt any one would take the risk on losing money on a revision.

2009 Mesa Electra Dyne
2012 Mesa RA-100
2012 Mesa Mark V
2007 Mesa Stiletto Deuce II
2014 Rectoverb 25 Head
PRS Archon 50 Head

Current Amp
Mesa MultiWatt Dual Rec

Guitar Cab:
Mesa Road King 2x12

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:18 am 
Donating Member

Sadly the bottom line is always the profit but that's business. From a musician's standpoint they should give it another shot. Like several above I waited and debated. In the end I bought, probably paid more than if I waited longer, but my gut feeling knew I'd regret it if I didn't get one, I've had that happen to often before, and have to say it is one of the best sounding amps I have ever owned. Like my Fuchs head, this is a keeper.
That said, I want to echo the hope that the schematic does surface sometime. I keep my own amps going for the most part so anyone gets a link to when they release it I'm sure it'll show up here first...

Reilly88

Listen, play, learn, practice, listen...
Take two speakers in the morning and call me after the gig.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:12 pm 
Dual Recto

Yup, it's an unbelievable amp with a whole other level of 'soul' to it. I can't imagine gigging without it and I'm really glad I got one before it went the way of the buffalo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:41 pm 
Mark IV

guitarrhinoceros wrote:
Just throwing this interesting tidbit I received from Mesa Hollywood -- stating that the ED is discontinued and that their EDs will all be on clearance. Are any on you surprised by this?

So how much more life does the Royal Atlantic have? I can see that amp getting the axe in maybe another year or so. It didn't catch on at all, Marshall guys are not switching over to Mesa.

http://soundcloud.com/danieldowning

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:59 pm 
Dual Recto

Who knows? No matter how much Mesa tries to expand their market, their brand sticks and people buy Marks and Rectos. Any player not into High Gain generally shy away from Mesa. I know my guitar tech hates their amps with a passion as he similarly disdains more modern guitars. He'd never say they're bad amps but that's not his thing. See, trying to sell someone like him on an Electra Dyne or Royal Atlantic shouldn't be difficult, if you can get him to plug into the thing in the first place. In my opinion, I still believe branding to be the reason that the Electra Dyne didn't catch on. If Fender or Marshall had have released it, it would have sold like hotcakes I think.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:00 pm 
Mark IV

danyeo1 wrote:
guitarrhinoceros wrote:
Just throwing this interesting tidbit I received from Mesa Hollywood -- stating that the ED is discontinued and that their EDs will all be on clearance. Are any on you surprised by this?

So how much more life does the Royal Atlantic have? I can see that amp getting the axe in maybe another year or so. It didn't catch on at all, Marshall guys are not switching over to Mesa.

And the Royal Atlantic is done. Bye Bye.

http://soundcloud.com/danieldowning

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:23 pm 
Donating Member

Really? Where did you hear that? I'm shocked.

More to the point of the thread, I am finding that the more I look at amps, the more I find that just about every amp out there is some sort of "hot-rod" Marshall. Bogner, Soldano, et. al. Not so much Engl or Diezel, but to a degree. Even Marshall makes hot-rodded Marshalls now :roll:

I think it's not even so much about Marshall guys not liking Mesa, I think it's that there is so much competition in that space.

The testament to Mesa's success is that others makers have gone after the rectifier market.

2x Recto 2x12 Vertical