Just sold my Electra Dyne!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifailedshapes

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just sold the 'Dyne to a really nice guy on TGP. I loved this amp, but at the end of the day, it just wasn't the best fit for me. In case someone is thinking about buying an Electra Dyne and finds this post... buy it! It's a tone machine. Just make sure you can cope with moderate-to-high volume levels. :) There is no such thing as a perfect product, and there were some things about this particular amp that just didn't jive with me. This doesn't mean you won't love it!

I wish everybody in this forum the best. You guys know how great of an amp this is!

Regards,
'shapes

Good luck in your hunt. Maybe something with powerscaling would work for you? I am going to try the Eminence FDM red coat to see how it sits with the dyne, as it is the touchiest master volume I have ever had. Off to deaf in 1/100th of a turn! :D

You know for some reason mine dosent have the touchy master everyone complains about. Maybe its because I have never tried to use in my home. Band situation only. It never goes much past 9:00 oclock but it seems like a pretty smooth transition.

Thats what they make Line 6 amps for. :lol: That cracks me up when its a 90 watt mesa boogie amp for sale and the first words out someones mouth is hows it sound at bedroom levels? :?

The dyne sounds better than any modeler at loud bedroom levels, except for axe fx or kemper. I refuse to shell out 2k for a home solution. Different strokes for different folks.

Gordybaby said:
Thats what they make Line 6 amps for. :lol: That cracks me up when its a 90 watt mesa boogie amp for sale and the first words out someones mouth is hows it sound at bedroom levels? :?

There are plenty of high-power amps on the market that work at bedroom levels. Even Mesa has amps with useable master volumes for this purpose; the Electra Dyne just isn't one of them. From what I'm gathering by spending time on multiple gear forums, most people looking for an amp want something that will shine at a gig, but still be useable at home.

I also have to disagree with YellowJacket about the 45 vs 90. In my experience, the Master output is just as touchy in 45 watts as it is in 90 watts. I'm not saying it's impossible to use this amp at low volumes, but you have to have a surgeon's touch to get the amp at just the right volume for this purpose.

Again, I want to reiterate that my general opinion of the 'Dyne is that it's fantastic. Nothing is perfect, and this just happens to be one of its flaws.

I agree that the wattage switch doesn't help significantly with the master control. I also wouldn't ever run my Dyne at 45W. I hate how it sounds, I prefer the stiffer 100W AB sound.

HOWEVER, put a volume control in the loop. It works perfectly. I control all my amps that way, and it also moves the master control to my pedalboard, which I find more convenient.

Yes, you will have to redial the reverb, as it bypasses the loop. But how often will you change the master volume anyway?

Back