2x12 cabinet for Electra Dyne?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardn10

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I decided to get the Electra Dyne to add to my stable of amps. I will have a 20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva, PWE Event Horizon, modified 3 channel Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and an Electra Dyne head. With this, I don't plan on buying any more amps for quite some time. I need to put more time into playing and having fun! That said, I would like to get one more cabinet. I also like to mix and match my heads and cabs cause it is fun moving things around and getting different tones. Right now I have a Splawn 412 with Celestion Lynchbacks, a Bogner 212 with Celestion V30s and a Stone Age 212 with Celestion G12K-100s.
I was thinking about picking up a Port City 212 or Avatar Vintage 212 and use something like Celestion Creambacks, WGS HM-75s or a mix with Celestion Mesa C90 and V30.

Thanks for any advice!

2 strong recommendations

1 x 12 - 27" 1 x 12 'royal atlantic' extension cab. It's the same cab as the Electra Dyne extension cab but with a different name. This cab comes with an mc90 and it sounds absolutely killer with the Electra Dyne. I find it quite effective for 'low' volume tones.

2 x 12 - 2 x 12 Royal Atlantic Extension cab. Basically the same box but with two speakers. YOu can get two v30s for less bottom and more crunch, or you can get a v30 c90 combo.

NOTHING works with this amp like the speaker boxes that were designed specifically for it. TRUST ME!

YellowJacket said:
2 strong recommendations

1 x 12 - 27" 1 x 12 'royal atlantic' extension cab. It's the same cab as the Electra Dyne extension cab but with a different name. This cab comes with an mc90 and it sounds absolutely killer with the Electra Dyne. I find it quite effective for 'low' volume tones.

2 x 12 - 2 x 12 Royal Atlantic Extension cab. Basically the same box but with two speakers. YOu can get two v30s for less bottom and more crunch, or you can get a v30 c90 combo.

NOTHING works with this amp like the speaker boxes that were designed specifically for it. TRUST ME!

Thanks bro, I appreciate the advice. However, I have been playing for almost 30 years and always hate short cabinets that arehard to hear on stage. I also do not like amp stands because I have to sit the amp head on top as well, there is no room to have the head sitting on the floor. Bottom line, I like a tall cabinet so I can easily reach the amp's controls and also help get the sound closer to ear level.

I know it sounds great, I have heard it through those cabs, but the 18" height is annoying! The sound will be at my ankles. Unless someone makes a stand to support the head as well. Luckily the semi open back helps spread the sound around.

I like Greenbacks a lot so maybe I would use the Electra Dyne with Celestion Creambacks.

I am also checking out the Fryette Sig X!

Nope, I don't believe it and I won't until you actually buy one. :lol: You said you were buying one 3 years ago. And next week you'll want the Royal Atlantic. :p

danyeo1 said:
Nope, I don't believe it and I won't until you actually buy one. :lol: You said you were buying one 3 years ago. And next week you'll want the Royal Atlantic. :p

HAHA, hehe....well played a Vintage Modern 2466 and that is now my GAS MONSTER! :)

boardn10 said:
danyeo1 said:

HAHA, hehe....well played a Vintage Modern 2466 and that is now my GAS MONSTER! :)

WAHAHAHAHA!!! Have you tried any of these amps back to back to see which one really jives with you?

YellowJacket said:
boardn10 said:
danyeo1 said:

WAHAHAHAHA!!! Have you tried any of these amps back to back to see which one really jives with you?

Yes, I played the VM 2466 and the E.D in G Center a few times. I only played the Sig:X on its own but the Sig:X had the biggest wow factor for me and sounded the best at any volume which is key.

I realy like the Elctra Dyne but can;t stand using cabinets that sit low to the ground. I loved the sound of my THD 212, but it was only 18" tal. Big pain in the butt at gigs. I plan to order a custom Port City 212OS with WGS ET65/Retro30.

Any other suggestions? Avatar? Matthers? Mojo?

YellowJacket said:
Get two of the 27" 1 x 12s, one with a c90 and one with a v30. You can stack them up one on top of the other which will give you the height you want!
Hey YJ.
Can you post some pics of your cabs ?

YellowJacket said:
Get two of the 27" 1 x 12s, one with a c90 and one with a v30. You can stack them up one on top of the other which will give you the height you want!

Thanks for the great suggestion. I also got your email and that may be a erfect solution for versatility as well. That will be a tall and narrow stack! LOL

Latest posts

Back