Did Mesa Boogie make a mistake?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardn10

Reaction score
Do you guys think Mesa Boogie realizes they could have done a lot if things better with the Electra Dyne?
Maybe they would realize the amp is far too loud and the master volume is terrible.

Sadly, there is no perfect piece of gear. Ideally, the tone stack for each mode (channel) would be separate and there would be a 0.0005 watt option for practicing. An Electra Dyne with all the 'features' of any other Mesa Boogie amp as well as the addition of a 'modern high gain' option would be a formidable accomplishment and yet when I plug into the amp, I am somehow glad it is what it is.

When I actually play the thing, I forget about the lack of features and just enjoy the incredible tone. It is so responsive to playing style which means I can get many tones out of just one mode.

While the master is 'twitchy' I have found that it can get quiet enough for just about every application except 'apartment' or 'everyone is sleeping'.

As I've progressed and matured as a guitar player, I've realized that all I need from an amp is for it to sound great. That's all. It simply needs to do its job.

No argument. It's my favorite amp EVER. But there is some sort of misconception that it is overpowered and underfeatured due to design error. I believe that it does exactly what it was intended for. 100 Watts is simply not a home-use design, though many of us use it that way. I can't use mine the way I want (smashing the power stage) without a Rock Crusher, which I have, and love.

elvis said:
No argument. It's my favorite amp EVER. But there is some sort of misconception that it is overpowered and underfeatured due to design error. I believe that it does exactly what it was intended for. 100 Watts is simply not a home-use design, though many of us use it that way. I can't use mine the way I want (smashing the power stage) without a Rock Crusher, which I have, and love.

I agree. On a side note. M 20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva sounds killer at rehearsal and gigs and also kills at home, same with my PWE. I also borrowed a friend's Fryette Sig:X and it sounds amazing at home volume levels and gig levels. :)

boardn10 said:
elvis said:

I agree. On a side note. M 20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva sounds killer at rehearsal and gigs and also kills at home, same with my PWE. I also borrowed a friend's Fryette Sig:X and it sounds amazing at home volume levels and gig levels. :)

I have NEVER played a tube guitar amp that sounds the same at bedroom volumes as compared to gig volumes. Someone is fooling themselves. :roll: The dynamic response is totally different.

I never said the same, but it sounds and feels great at bedroom levels, but yes different.

Latest posts

Back