Anyone try an ED with 1x12 WB closed back front ported cab ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumping this old thread because I am also curious about this very thing. Medium volume and up, actually, is what I'm curious about.

Hey, just an update on this:

I decided to go ahead and try the widebody. My immediate finding was that, unlike in the 27" Royal Atlantic cab, the stock C90 sounded pretty bad in the 23" widebody closed back cab. It's amazing what a difference the cab makes.

I know, different design and all that... I've long had a love/hate thing going with the C90, but I am loving it in the bigger RA cab enough to want to just leave it alone there. In the WB, it sounded congested and small.

I swapped the C90 for an ET65 that I had laying around, and it sounds *much* better. I might swap around some more for an ET90 that I have in a different cab to get back to the higher wattage, but for now I am happy.

Bottom line, IMHO: the WB cab is a decent match with the ED, with a speaker swap. :roll:

I think it sounds OK with the WB and a V30, but I agree that the C90 is not a good match in that cab.

IMO the Dyne has so much low-end already that you want to mate it with a tighter cab like a recto 2x12.

The C90 sounds really good in the combo, though.

Electra Dyne definitely does NOT get along with guitar cabs that emphasize low end.

ET90 is a fantastically crunchy speaker. The only issue I have encountered with it is that the low end isn't as juicy and tight as with a v30. Unfortunately, that was kind of a deal breaker for my 2 x 12 since I play metal using that cab!!

YellowJacket said:
Electra Dyne definitely does NOT get along with guitar cabs that emphasize low end.

ET90 is a fantastically crunchy speaker. The only issue I have encountered with it is that the low end isn't as juicy and tight as with a v30. Unfortunately, that was kind of a deal breaker for my 2 x 12 since I play metal using that cab!!
Interesting. I have not ever tried the Mesa V30, so I have no point of reference with that. I know Gelb Music in the Bay Area has one of these WB CB cabs with a V30 and the old school Boogie logo on it... I was very tempted to pick that up, but went with the stock one.

Hmm.

Latest posts

Back