1st jam with the dyne.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topalchohol

Reaction score
Went to a buddies place this weekend and jammed with him and his drummer and bassist (all killer musicians btw). My buddy has a 2010 Quickrod 1/2 stack with small block/big block eminences. My Dyne is a 1x12 MC-90 equipped combo with stock Mesa preamp tubes and Mesa el34's with a lonestar open back 1x12 with an MC-90. We both fired up our amps and it was hard to tell the tone of them apart. 99% the same with the way we set them. He uses gear 1 and 2 for his overdriven sounds. Slight edge to the dyne in the cleans department. Playing both, the dyne is slightly less stiff and both are equally dynamic. He now wants a Dyne combo for his grab and go gigs. I also brought my Mark III setup and it killed it for metal tones. The dyne did almost as well at metal as the Mark III once boosted with my Wylde o.d. The dyne just killed it for the blues/classic rock/hair metal we jammed to! Even used it for some kill 'em all era (jump in the fire, seek and destroy) Metallica tunes and it nailed that tone. I am one happy Mesa fanboy! :lol:

I tell you all, this amp is an addiction!!! While it is great for modest house level practice tones, it really begins to shine in the band mix, especially with these mids that allow it to cut through just about anything. But it oozes tone with just the right amount of elastic bounce and flex, and the liquid lead sound just screams!!!

I am sad that I have not jammed with this rig in awhile. It makes me very sad. So sad that I'm sure I'll practice my scales for an hour again tomorrow.

It happened again. I'm leaving 1hour and 5 minutes later than I said I would for a grocery run. THE 'DYNE IS TO BLAME!!!

Yes the ED is a killer amp. Especially when paired with the right speaker combination. I love it and I'm friggen picky. You know the type always looking for what's better! Well that's me.

Since I got the ED I'm pretty hard pressed to find something better that covers just as much ground with an effects loop and spring reverb on top of that!

Its THE Mesa amp!

Yes, this amp KILLS!

I used my Dual Rectifier 2 channel footswitch to control the reverb along with the Electra Dyne footswitch to control the individual modes.

Today, I ran it at church in a very small old church building. I was playing with a singer, acoustic guitar through a small PA, and a Bassist.
The amp HAULED. I didn't care for reverb when I got the amp but I decided to try it and I have to say, with vintage lo mode, it is fantastic for less intense lead tones. I ran the volume at about 1:30 with the gain trim switch set to normal and my tone was godlike, even with the master almost off. We just ran me off of the stage and it balanced perfectly.

I'm so PUMPED, this amp does EVERYTHING I need from low gain meek sissy music all the way to face melting solos and hair metal riffs!!! The more I use the amp, the more I like it!

Good to hear that it can hang in there with a Quickrod. While the Splawn doesn't have a voicing I like it is a loud and clear amp with a lot of Marshall character to it.

Back