Controlling Electra Dyne head with GCX switcher and GCP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fournij

Reaction score
Hi

I just bought a Electra Dyna head and I want to control mode switching and reverb with GCX switcher and Ground Control Pro. I presume i need 3 loops, 2 for mode switching and 1 for reverb.

Does anybody did that with a Electa Dyne ?

Does the clean vintage switch run as normally close or open ?

Does the lo hi switch run as normally close or open ?

Where is the reverb control jack is locatted o. The head version ? Does it run as N.O or N.C ?

Thanks

I do that with a GLab GSC-3. Works very well.

The reverb switch plug is on top of the chassis, right above the clean volume pot (I got the head), a bit fiddly to get in there. The switches are simple permanent ones. For the modes, you need to get a Y cable in case your switcher has only mono outs.

Really strange that Mesa doesn't put the reverb plug in the owner manual on page 36...

Thanks for all, I will try this

Fournij said:
Really strange that Mesa doesn't put the reverb plug in the owner manual on page 36...

Thanks for all, I will try this

It's on pages 2 and 18.

On page 36 you see two holes on top. One is the Reverb send/return, the other one is for the FS

I have the same setup, though I am using a Rack gizmo to switch the amp channels. If you need more than 5 loops for effects, you can run the rack gizmo exactly as if it were a GCX (it even programs into GCX mode) and still have up to 8 switches for amp control. Or you can add a mini amp gizmo to the GCX and control the amp via MIDI switching.

I really like the automation, and the GCX/GCP is working great.

One important note that I missed originally: With the GCP, the chassis ground is tied only to the buffer/pass through. So if you are getting ground noise, run something through the pass-through to connect the signal ground to the chassis. It is also a nice way to send a signal from the back of the rack to the front to make an easy connection to the amp's input.

Back