Electra Dynes and Stratocasters

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone combine a Strat with their ED and achieve favourable results?
I've tried a G&L Legacy and a Deluxe Strat through mine and didn't warm to either of them. The Deluxe in particular sounded lifeless, but I put that down to the noiseless pickups.
The ED absolutely shines with a Telecaster plugged into it and I'm hoping that a regular American Standard Strat could achieve similar results.

The G&Ls are nice guitars but those stock pickups aren't so great. They're pretty sterile and lifeless like you noted.

My brother put Bare Knuckle Pickups in his G&L ASAT and it did a great service for that guitar!!

I think I'd favour a HSS Fender American Deluxe Strat with the 'Dyne for some thicker drive tones. Provided you can coil tap the bridge pickup, you'd be set!

Personally, my only experience with bolt on necks is my Godin LG but the Electra Dyne positively LOVES the split humbuckers!

No experiences with Fender single coils, but my ED really likes P90s.

Sometimes it helps to roll off the guitar's tone pot a bit to take the edge off.

YellowJacket said:
The G&Ls are nice guitars but those stock pickups aren't so great. They're pretty sterile and lifeless like you noted.

My brother put Bare Knuckle Pickups in his G&L ASAT and it did a great service for that guitar!!

I think I'd favour a HSS Fender American Deluxe Strat with the 'Dyne for some thicker drive tones. Provided you can coil tap the bridge pickup, you'd be set!

Personally, my only experience with bolt on necks is my Godin LG but the Electra Dyne positively LOVES the split humbuckers!

Thanks for that. I quite like the pickups in my ASAT Bluesboy but that Legacy's were very disappointing. I was toying with throwing in some Bare Knuckle Irish Tour pick ups but ended up selling the guitar.

screamingdaisy said:
No experiences with Fender single coils, but my ED really likes P90s.

Sometimes it helps to roll off the guitar's tone pot a bit to take the edge off.

I can imagine that P90s would blend beautifully with the dark Electra Dyne.

I can't say that a Strat and the ED is my favourite combination. I much prefer the ED with my Fender 52 reissue telecaster or most of my humbrucker guitars.

I had a PRS Hollwbody and a Fender American Deluxe Strat. I sold the PRS because I liked the Strat so much that I never played the PRS. I used the money to buy an expensive keyboard I've been wanting for a long time.

As much as I'm sure you enjoyed that story, I love my Strat plugged into my ED.

I think we can all agree that simply plugging a patch cable into the input jack of an Electra Dyne is enjoyable in and of itself. It's a stinking awesome amp that loves the single coils, p90s, and humbuckers of most classic guitar designs. The amp is an absolute GEM and we all have one!! :D

I play the Dyne with a Strat Ultra (4 lace sensors) and it sounds very good ! So many possibilities with the Ultra that you can't be unhappy with it.
I also play it with a Peavey wolfgang and it's awesome ! But these 2 guitars are so different that I have to change "all" my settings on the dyne to play both (fortunately, the dyne is not a roadster :)).

My Strat sounds good but not great with the dyne, my parker fly deluxe sounds a bit thin but out of everything I have played through the amp my gibson LP std with humbuckers blows everything else out of the water.
The strat is my favorite working guitar with other amps but the dyne is different.
The music man guitars are stirring some interest. I've seen several on mesa boogie demos and they sound great. That will probably my next purchase.

My Jeff Beck strat sounds mighty fine thru my ED combo w/'34s. Stock Hot Noiseless pickups.
Fulltone OCD for leads. Yessir.

In one of my Strats, I have a Duncan P-Rails, so I have single coil, full humbucker, and P-90 in one pickup. All three sound awesome on my Dyne. Just put a set of Fender Hot Noiseless in my other Strat, and they need the extra boost from my Xotic BB. Will also be putting as set of EMGs in a new Strat I am about to acquire. I can't wait to hear how those sound. I love all of what I have so far!

I love the ED with my Strats. Stock pups on my Custom Shop and American made Strats..

I agree to roll off the tone just a hair.. Clean and Blue channel are heaven.

I mostly use the front and middle pickup combo for blues and Mcready type stuff..

Back