Mesa Boogie Electra Dyne clean channel problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had my Electra Dyne for a couple of years or so now and really love its range of tones.
However, the clean channel all of a sudden has developed a problem, experiencing a significant reduction in volume. With the master volume cranked to halfway, its only conversation-level loud. Messing with clean/vintage volume balance on the back doesn't resolve the issue.
Before I take it to an amp repair guy, has anyone else experienced this issue? Could it be something a simple as a faulty tube dedicated to the clean channel? Or something to do with the clean/vintage volume balancing circuitry?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, I'd go with a tube change. I had a couple of tubes go bad when I got my Dyne, the PI (during the first song of the first practice I used the amp at) and the clean mode tube, which did what you're describing.

First guess with a tube amp is almost always tubes. Check the preamp tubes and look at the tube task chart in the user manual. You'll want to check the two preamp tubes that are in the signal chain for the clean mode.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/electraDyne_091007.pdf

Latest posts

Back