New ED owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage8190

Reaction score
Been awhile since I've posted here...I've been Boogie-less since I was so disappointed with the Mark V. I've run the gamut of amps in the last couple years and recently picked up an ED in a trade. Holy **** this thing smokes! Great cleans, great edge of breakup tones, the perfect amount of gain for me...not too much, not too little. Finally an effects loop on something I like too! I think the only thing it can't do for me is give me the Vox tones I want sometimes (but I have a Vox for that).

Just a killer amp. Oh and BTW, anyone looking for a great pedal to boost/tighten, try a Suhr Shiba...just perfect with the Dyne.

This amp is possibly the best one I have ever EVER played. Definitely great edge of breakup tones, high gain tones, and monstrous jaw dropping cleans.

When I demo my gear people routinely will pick the Electra Dyne over my Recto as their favourite amp. The distortion is simply so crunchy, creamy, and perfectly beautiful. Hot tip, if you want some grease, grind, and snot try it with single coils!!!

I remember the first time I tried this amp. I dialed it in and I simply had to have it. I pined for a year and then got a used one. Later, I sold some equipment I never use and I used the money to acquire a matching 1 x 12 extension cab. It's definitely my go to rig and I can play it for hours!

The only problem you will have is trying to find something better for the same money...Good luck!

YellowJacket said:
Hot tip, if you want some grease, grind, and snot try it with single coils!!!

I've never been much for single coils but I'll have to give it a go one day. Have you tried it with Mini-humbuckers? I use a Les Paul Deluxe most of the time and it screams! So much growl and cut...dammit I wish I wasn't at work right now.

If I don't get my university projects done on time, I'll be sure to blame Mesa Boogie! The Electra Dyne is the biggest time vampire I own. Luckily, learning how to play guitar better isn't a waste of time.

love the Dyne, but it's soooo expensive I'll have to stick with the Heartbreaker for a while yet...

Latest posts

Back