I'M BACK - Electradyne owner once again

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gag halfrunt

Reaction score
Hello again!

I bought a small combo ED right when they came out, but I didn't like the small sound it had, and sold it within a few months. I got a Mark V last year, and although it was nice, I didn't bond with the high gain. Also, I didn't think it took gain pedals very well, so it had to go.

Well, I was in my favorite guitar store yesterday, and they had a used big 1x12 combo ED (~27" wide cab). WOW. It sounded HUGE. I couldn't believe how much better it sounded than the small combo I had a few years ago. Even though it's an open back combo, you don't lose all the low end out the back. All modes on this amp are wonderful. Lots of great tonal variety changing the interaction of the channel volume and the MV.

I'm loving this amp. I'M BACK IN THE BOOGIE FAMILY! Woohoo! :D 8)

The 27" combo is SICK!

I have a long head and the 27" extension cab which is pretty much the same thing. I finally replaced a halfstack with something a bit smaller but not necessarily quieter ahaha!!

YellowJacket said:
The 27" combo is SICK!

I have a long head and the 27" extension cab which is pretty much the same thing. I finally replaced a halfstack with something a bit smaller but not necessarily quieter ahaha!!
Cool setup there.

I spent the weekend with the ED, running dirt pedals into the front end, and I'm even more happy with the purchase. This thing is great!

gag halfrunt said:
YellowJacket said:
The 27" combo is SICK!

Cool setup there.

I spent the weekend with the ED, running dirt pedals into the front end, and I'm even more happy with the purchase. This thing is great!

It loves dirt pedals, I use a Decimator to keep noise down. My favorite pedal has been the BB Preamp but I've had luck with a few others. Maxon OD808 put out less but a re great for boosted lower gain tones.

And yes, turn this amp up and it just PUNCHES..................HARD.

Latest posts

Back