Favourite guitars with the Electra Dyne

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What kind of guitar do you like best with the Electra Dyne?

• Fender Strat SSS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fender Strat HSS / Fat Strat

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Fender Tele / Other Fender

• Gibson Les Paul / SG Humbuckers

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Gibson Les Paul / SG P90s

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • PRS

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Super Strat aka Shredder Axe with high output pickups

• Semi Hollow Body Electric

• Hollow Body Electric

• Other.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

YellowJacket

Reaction score
OK, this forum needs some more activity. So you guys can post about your favourite axe (s) you play with your Electra Dyne and discuss why.

My favourite axe right now is a Godin LG with a Duncan Alnico II Pro in the neck and a Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge.
It is a heavy mahogany body (Looks like a tele with a lymph node problem) and a bolt on thin profile mahogany neck with a rosewood fingerboard and phat / low profile frets.
The guitar really has a tone / personality that is halfway between a Les Paul and a Strat. It has the quack and midrange brightness of a strat with the meat and roar of a Gibson.

When I got the guitar I swapped the stock pickups out (Duncan Jazz II and Custom Custom with a custom magnet...) and had a 3 way pickup selector installed. Just last fall I replaced the electronics and had a push pull pot installed so now I can coil tap. The slightly lower output from the split pickups makes this a MONSTER axe for tones. It makes almost anything possible from Vintage Lo. I particularly like the coil tapped neck pickup for great vintage rhythm tones. It also gives me a great range from clean / edge of breakup right to quite a mean crunch.

When I want thick gobs of drive tone, I click to the bridge pickup and punch down the tone knob to engage the high output bridge humbucker. I also like being able to recruit one coil from the bridge pickup and one from the neck. Good times!!!

This guitar is great because although it isn't much to look at, it is a veritable chameleon which takes on whatever personality the player wants it to. My Les Paul is always a Les Paul but this LG is a cover players dream!!!

With my ED I switch it up between a Les Paul (Burstbucker 1 and 2), another Les Paul (P90s), and an SG ('57 Classics).

The thing I like about the amp is that it allows each guitar to sound like itself.

I'm not much into hotrodding guitars these days. I used to really be into tweaking my gear out but I've grown to really appreciate simple **** that does what it's supposed to do. I've come to the conclusion that I don't like to deal with too many options. I'd rather just play music than spend all day listening and analyzing my tone.

That last statement probably seems odd when I use Mesa amps... but lets just say that a 2, 3 or 4 channel amp that does everything you need is far simpler than a single channel amp that requires a bunch of pedals that constantly change your tone depending upon what order they're in and how much cable you use to connect them.

I prefer my PRS McRosie with a BareKnuckle RiffRaff in the bridge, VHII in neck. The pickups are very open sounding, so when i use the ED red channel with the EP Booster, it's chunky and nicely compressed, with my Charvel San Dimas (Duncan SH5) it's too compressed. The Charvel is nicer with Marshall type amps with less compression.

Latest posts

Back