Electra Dyne cabinets discontinued?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
I saw that on Mesa's list of products they discontinued. I saw the Lonestar cabs as well on there. So what does Mesa push as the cabs to be used with these amps? I hope this isn't a sign for the Electra Dyne.

The Electra Dyne extension cabs are now being rebranded / trimmed stock as Royal Atlantic extension cabs. The 'Electra Dyne' trim is available as a custom option. I know this because I went to order my tan 27" 1 x 12 in Feb and Mesa was kind enough to honour the stock pricing. I got one while I still could and I'm super pumped about it!!!

YellowJacket said:
The Electra Dyne extension cabs are now being rebranded / trimmed stock as Royal Atlantic extension cabs. The 'Electra Dyne' trim is available as a custom option. I know this because I went to order my tan 27" 1 x 12 in Feb and Mesa was kind enough to honour the stock pricing. I got one while I still could and I'm super pumped about it!!!

They are good sounding cabs, even the combos if you play another head through it. I guess it makes sense because it was getting hard to keep up with all their different models.

You know they came up with a good sounding box for the Ed since they used it on the RA.

I think the 27" 1 x 12 is about my favourite 1 x 12 I have ever heard; it sounds as good as a Stiletto 4 x 12 but in a different way. I think in a perfect world, I'd have a Stiletto 4 x 12 for my Recto and the 1 x 12 for the 'Dyne. I have yet to try the recto through the Electra Dyne cab but now I'm curious. I do know that c90s and Rectos kinda don't get along but hey, you never know...

The 27" 1x12 smokes. First 1x12 I've had that can hold it's own against a 4x12 and not sound wimpy.

That said, the RA series looks identical to the ED series.

The RA cabs are definitely the Electra Dyne cabs. In fact, you are entirely right.

I'll explain myself a little more clearly: The TAN option I got is no longer stock. Anyone who wants a Black Electra Dyne extension cab can simply buy a Royal Atlantic extension cab instead.

Back