My MR is plotting against my Dyne...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvis

Reaction score
So I've fallen into the habit of playing my Mini Recto. It's just so small and cute and easy and it RAWKS! And after a while, I just couldn't plug into the Dyne, because the tone just isn't the same. I actually thought maybe it was broken.

So I do plug in occasionally, because my looper is on the Dyne pedalboard, but I usually wind up playing lines thru the MR.

Tonight I cranked up the Dyne, and let the MR rest. After a bit, it started to feel right. Then I turned up the power atten, and it was like old times. I forgot how much the atten affects the tone (I was running LOTS of atten). So I love the Dyne again, all is forgiven.

But that MR... Always plotting...

:shock:

I have always found that you get used to what you are playing and then other conbinations start to sound wrong.

For me the RA is the one that is getting played most nights. When I do turn on the ED it takes a good while to adjust back. The ED does still hold its own and has the sweater more musical lead tones. I guess its the nice amp (wife) so I am not expecting to find the RA smashed on the floor or all my guitars tossed out on the street :wink:

A threesome is in order!

I luvs me some thick groovy Alice in Chains mile wide tone. Jerry says in many interviews how he uses two amps, a mid punchy one and a darker one.

So does he have one white and one black wife? **** rock stars!! :lol:

Back