Which speakers to choose???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papersoul

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a little THD 212 cab that rocks. Right now it has the THD Longhorn and THD Vintage and they seem to work with any amp. I am picking up a used Electradyne and was thinking of switching to a WGS ET65 and Vet30 pair. Thougts?

Thanks!

I already have V30s in my Bogner and they rock. I might go two ET65s. How about mixing the Vet30? Great combo!

When I received the ED a few weeks ago I sat it on my vintage Greenback loaded Marshall 4x12. It rocks. I haven't even considered yet to drag my ported 2x12 with a V30 and a G12H from the hallway to try it with the ED. Should I?

I guess variety is key!

This is my set up:

Bogner 212OS - Hellatone 60 Celestion V30s
Stone Age 212C - WGS Invaders
THD 212 - WGS ET65/Vet30 or two ET65s.

YellowJacket said:
Celestion v30 + WGS ET65 are a KILLER speaker combo. I demo'd the 'Dyne though these speaker when I test drove the thing. SO AWESOME!

I don't want Celestions for this cab so I am thinking..

Retro30/ET65
Vet30/ET65 (WGS still says this is besy!)
Retro30/Reaper50 (This is like the classic Celestion pair, V30/H30) (WGS recommends this pair!)
Reaper30/ET65

There is always the Celestion Vintage 30 and Mesa C-90. And since I have used Celestions for years successfully, it might be my choice...or the new Celestion Creambacks/Lynchbacks.

Heck, maybe ever Scumbacks! LOL.

The Reaper HP (50 watt) is probably the most awesome speaker I have ever heard. Definitely investigate this one.

Oh, and the Electra Dyne has such a complex tone when you turn the gain up. If you're going to run lots of gain all the time, definitely consider running stiffer and more transparent / articulate speakers.

hunter said:
When I received the ED a few weeks ago I sat it on my vintage Greenback loaded Marshall 4x12. It rocks. I haven't even considered yet to drag my ported 2x12 with a V30 and a G12H from the hallway to try it with the ED. Should I?

Careful, you could blow that G12H30 with the Dyne!!!

I am going WGS Vet 30 and ET 65. I think will be amazing and a 112 with a C90. I bet my Bogner with 30s will kill with it as well as my Stone Age and Invaders.

To bad Mesa for some crazy reason, stopped making the Electradyne cabinets. Nuts! :shock:

Only if I can get one used. New cabs are too expensive for a box with speakers. Or I will get an Avatar and a WGS Blackhawk! Alnico baby.

I'm playing my ED head though a vintage Marshall 4x12 cabinet loaded with british Celestion G12-65's and its just heavenly tone all night long!

Back