EL-34's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toneocaster

Reaction score
:D Just wanted to say, I installed a quartet of Groove Tubes EL34M's (4..whites) in my ED and it sounded amazing at my gig Friday night. I played my 98 McCarty with p90's and used the amp in the 45w position. It sounded full on chords and really cut through the mix when it came time for my solos! On both low and high gain, the break up sounded perfect to my ears. As the night progressed, the amp sounded better. Bought the tubes at GC and it was $67. well spent!.....(they cut me a deal)! :D

My only experience with my Dyne had been with 34's. I got mine used, and the previous owner had installed Mesa 34's. I love it so much that I'm in no hurry to try 6l6's!

Would love to try some 34s. How do you know if they match in the Boogie bias range?

The guys who owned my ED originally, Mike Wolf, actually worked for Mesa for years and he said they would work fine. Groove Tubes grades their tubes 1-10 and mine are 4's. He said they would bias to Mesa's specs. The EL34M's are Mullard clones.......and they sound great! :D

Back