One Cab To Rule Them All?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidinus

Reaction score
Ok, I'm jumping way ahead of myself here, but what the hell.

I'm gonna send my Mark II C+ (original owner here) to Mesa and have Mike B. look it over in the next 4-6 weeks. I'm thinking of getting a Dyne (Royal Atlantic?)
2x12 cab with one C90 installed and then putting my v30 in the other spot like Yellowjacket has mentioned though I don't know if Mesa would do that. If they
don't I would just get the standard 2x12 cab.

Either cab would be good for both the Dyne and Mark don't you think? Or would something like the Stilletto 2x12 be a better choice?

One more thing - is any one running two amps thru one cab? If so, how are you getting it done?

thanks!

In case your wondering - I was a road musician. I quit playing for around 16 years or so to raise my daughter. The fingers have come back but the electronics side has
been a learning experience. I guess I did all that stuff intuitively "back in the day"....

The Electra Dyne has a more scooped tone than the Royal Atlantic. With the HUGE low end, the tapered low end response of the Electra Dyne cab is actually a boon for creating a balanced and useable tone.

YellowJacket said:
The Electra Dyne has a more scooped tone than the Royal Atlantic. With the HUGE low end, the tapered low end response of the Electra Dyne cab is actually a boon for creating a balanced and useable tone.

Tapered low end ?

The ED 2x12 has massive low end and was way to much for me. The one I tried had C90s, although I think Mesa have changed to V30s now, but the 1x12 will still be C90. The cab design is very similar to the wide 3/4 back.

I have to laugh at guys complaining about the ED's low end. Have you all heard of the bass knob? LOL!

Thanks ifailedshapes! Any one using one of those?

I might be getting a cab sooner than I thought. The Roadster 2x12 with a C90/V30 mix looks intriguing. Anyone here tried one with their Dyne?

rabidinus said:
Thanks ifailedshapes! Any one using one of those?

I might be getting a cab sooner than I thought. The Roadster 2x12 with a C90/V30 mix looks intriguing. Anyone here tried one with their Dyne?

The Road King 2 x 12 is killer. I tried several amps with it and I was never disappointed.

ok after all this I ended getting a 2x12 rectifier horizontal cab. The dealer sold it to me at last years price and that was all she wrote!

From what I can tell it's the most universally lauded 2x12 out there. Everyone seems to like it! I read somewhere on this board that Andy Summers had used them
on the last Police tour and I thought, well I know the cab rocks but Andy needs cabs that can clean up and hold tone so I figured the cab can cover a range of bases.

Trying it at home I have no complaints. Won't get to really check it out till band rehearsal Thursday though.

One thing I find interesting is how much the two v30s sound like my c90 single cab. My single v30 crunches nicely but gets a very soft top end that isn't true of the rec cab. Now that I know what the Dyne is about for me, I prefer the c90, so its a pleasant surprise to find the rec cab has a similar sound.

Back