BOGUS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
So I just moved some gear I wasn't using and I looked into a British Tan Bronco tolex 27" extension cab for my Electra Dyne. The 1 x 12, with the C90, of course.

Apparently I have to play the custom upcharge for the cab since they are now no longer producing the cabs. The current model is now called the 'Royal Atlantic Extension 1 x 12 Cab". L&MQ has a black one at their warehouse but a black cab with a tan head is kinda lame...

BTW, the leather upcharge for my Dyne headshell was BRUTAL. $350 for a taurus shell, almost $1000 for leather. I still love it, but that was a shocker. I could've bought another head. In retrospect... :(

As I understood things, the cabinet model is still being made but the 'stock' option is the 'Royal Atlantic' format. So ya, the British Tan Bronco tolex is a custom option.

I'm thinking if I get one built, I'd like to get them to put track loc castors on it and I'm entertaining the possibility of a single v30 in the box instead of the c90. Not sure about a 60watt speaker though...

The Mesa Rep apparently told L&MQ that the upcharge was "between $150 - $200". This just seems inordinately expensive for a $455 cab. Still, I think my Tan head would look ridiculous with a black cab so I'm willing to bite the bullet, provided they put a set of trackloc castors on the thing.

$150 is a nominal charge for a custom build, but you're right, it's a lot when compared to the cost of the cab. Personally I think a tan head would look fine on a black cab, but it would look more like it belongs on a matching cab.

Well, a black cab with a Tan head would look best if the cab was a different design cosmetically i.e. a 2 x 12 rectocab or Marshall 1960ax 4 x 12. It seems stupid to go with something uglier for less money. Of course trading the tan headshell for a black one is an option, but it just seems kinda lame. My mother is sending me $$$s for my birthday so we may be able to scrape together the funds anyhow. Going to list some speakers for sale!!

Back