Electra Dyne without the tap dancing ...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonRedSox

Reaction score
Can the Electra Dyne be used successfully with a pedal controller, such as the Carl Martin Octaswitch? I know that it doesn't have separate outs on the back of the chassis for each of the modes, but could you use the stereo cable and set a mode (with a couple of pedals) on one of the Octaswitches banks and have that mode called up when you click on it? Does it work?

What are you really trying to do? Change the channel with the Octaswitch? Change the channel with the foot pedal and use different effects with the Octaswitch? Or are you just aiming to control the amp as well as some effects pedals with a single foot controller?

As far as I can tell the Octaswitch does not have any switching outputs so it will not be able to control amp channels.

Something like the loopbone would do the channel switching, but only has two loops.

What I'm trying to say is, without separate outs for each of the ED's modes, could I use a channel/pedal switcher with the ED successfully? Like, could I have a patch that incorporates a delay and compressor that comes on automatically when I switch to the clean channel, then when I switch to the high mode, have my flanger and phaser come on automatically as well? It would eliminate my need for tap dancing - where I'd have to click my clean, then delay, then compressor.

BostonRedSox said:
That product couldn't control the ED's modes though ...

It may not do exactly what you want, but it can control modes.

That Rocktron loop 8 looks good.

Rocktron patchmate loop 8 would work especially well with their midimate. You could use two of the loops linked via a TRS cable to control the amp modes and have your effects in other loops that were set to be active when a specific midi preset was called up.

I recently bought and use a rivera rm1 and it works perfect. You can buy them directly from Rivera for $199.00 It can control 4 amp functions with 2 TRS cables and has four loops for effects. It also controls midi devices. For the price it cant be beat. I got mine at a local store as a closeout with the optional wah pad for $160.00

Here's some real tap-dancing! The Dyne pedal in the middle is the least of my problems...

Pedalboard.jpg

Back