Dyne Latest (Kinda Sorta)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidinus

Reaction score
Guys,
Don't want you to think I just used your help and took off before sunrise...
Band is kind of at a holiday slow down and all my set up adjustments haven't been worked thru yet but anyway:

Last I posted I had switched out my speaker to a Mesa V30 and I had an ES 335 on the way.
Absolutely LOVE the ES 335!!! Turns out I may be more of a semi-hollow guy, I love the way the guitar pushes tone with an amp. No feed back issues at all.
A million tones are available setting the pickup switch in center and adjusting tone and volume controls. The Dyne is a KILLER match with the guitar. It sounds best thru the Dyne for any style I throw at it.

Picked up a used Dr Z airbrake, haven't had a chance to use it with my band yet (we're getting back together after Thanksgiving). At home I can see it smooths out the amps volume taper and will retain the amps tone but I probably don't need it for this amp because:

I picked up an RC Booster and a used AC Booster to go with my BB Preamp. At home with my volume "nudged to nothing" at about 7:00 the amp just absolutely wails with any combo of just the RC and AC. If you have a BB and like it , do yourself a favor and try out a RC with it. Forget reviews and comparisons, you may find the RC is all you need. Forget calling the AC a TS clone too. That's like saying a Mark II C+ is a fender clone.

I've learned that what the Dyne is TO ME is what a fender twin is to other guys: a platform for an awesome., awesome tone base. My favorite amp of ALL time!

As a boost to the amp alone (just amazing that way); and into the AC or BB. I may not really need both the AC and BB. I'll probably set up the AC for 90% of what we play and the BB for the over-the top stuff. The AC is a great match with the dyne. It can sound like a slightly warmer BB using the Dyne if you want.

I don't need the RC at the end of my chain. Working my volume control or switching to mode 3 on the dyne works fine.

The RC is a "secret sauce" pedal. Can't say enough. I have been learned by XOTIC!

Back