Electra Dyne volume not as loud as I remember it

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primal

Reaction score
I had not cranked my Electra Dyne in quite some time, but I did this past weekend.

I got a nice deal on a used Suhr Classic (mint, looks like it never left the case), and could not wait to hear it through a cranked ED.

I had seemed to remember 9:00 on the ED at 90 watts being fairly seismic. While it seemed loud this time, it didn't sound drummer loud enough to me. It also seemed to be missing some low end.

At first I thought, well maybe it is the guitar. The classic is all single coils.

So I tried it with my Suhr S4, and it was still not as loud as I remembered it. And also lacked some of the low end.

I have had the same tubes in it for close to 3 years. Sound like bad tubes maybe?

I had a similar problem and it ended up being a transistor that was repaleced at the factory. I used to run the volume at about 2:00 and the master never past 9:00 but it got to the point where I had it up to 11:00 and it wasnt too loud. I sent it back for repair and it has run fine ever since.

Back