Greenbacks vs. V30

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juhsun

Reaction score
At moment I'm playin my Dyne through 4x12 Marshall 425 (greenbacks). Have any of you forumites experiences using ED both greenbacks and v30? Which one do you prefer? How big is the difference? Is there need for changes settingswise while changing from one cab to another?

Thanks for your input!

I have been using ED with Scumbacks and they just don't work with this amp. Bought a Stiletto cab with V30's and it sounds mint! Initially it was off the floor on another cab and I still couldn't get it right. I put it on the floor and it sounds immense. I realise cabs are designed to be on the floorso won't do that again. LOL!

Cheers Rich

Yes, the Stiletto 4x12 is great, out of all the Mesa cabs I have tried, the Stiletto 4x12 is the best. It seems to maintain constant tone no matter where you stand and is tight, punchy and balanced.

I just bought a Stiletto 2x12 as I just don't want to move a 4x12 and the 2x12 seems to be the next best thing.

I am the oposite though in regards to having it on the floor. So far, I am just not happy with it on the floor and find that raising it 500mm or a bit more makes all the difference for me. I really hate the muffled muddy bass heavy tone with the cab on the floor, especsially if you have to stand close to it with it behind. At home, sticking a block under the front, angling it up and then standing in front is not so bad.

The 2 x 12 Rectocab is also pretty awesome, or the Road King 2 x 12 if you fancy a v30 and a c90. The Road King 2 x 12 sounds less spikey in the upper mids.

Back