Update on my Dyne (and a Big Thank You!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidinus

Reaction score
I did a gig last Saturday outdoors. Turned the amp up to about 10:00 or so as was immediately, I mean immediately asked to turn down. Oh well. Actually still sounded really good with either my fulltone plimsoul or BB Preamp.

Got my Mesa V30 the following Wednesday (fastest order turnaround I've ever gotten from Mesa), installed it and even at about 7:00 I was sensing an immediate
improvement. A fluidity I had been wanting on the clean channel was right there!
Took it to rehearsal and just loved it! I turned the amp to 10:00 no problem (it's a very dead sound-proofed room), was getting nice comfortable sustain and playability and touch response!
Very Carltonesque tone and sustain - not comparing to any other amps (you know what I'm talking about) - just saying...
In fact I'm loving it so much I went ahead and orderded one of my dream guitars, a cherry red ES-335, to play with it!

Big Big thanks to J.J, screamingdaisy, elvis, and YellowJacket for your guidance and support!

By the way I'll be calling it a Dyne instead of ED - we are in full american football swing here and ironically every other commercial is about "ED", so...Dyne it is!

Glad to hear you have been able to "tune" things to your liking. A single pushed (but not over pushed) V30 makes a fantastic noise :D

Will be very interested to hear how you like the 335 when you get it.

Haha, awesome! My small format weapon of choice will be a 'dyne :lol: with a v30 loaded 1 x 12. I agree with you, the v30 just brings the crunch and it has a great midrange response. I'll be using a 16ohm v30 so that I can keep the wattage down and get good tones at low-ish volumes.

Well, dark but also less loud and crunchier at low volumes. It is for the small stuff, when my 2 x 12 is too big. I had the 2 x 12 outdoors on a flatbed and it was PLENTY loud!!

Latest posts

Back